Eligibility & access
My Business Account is a free service for you as an Origin customer, that allows you to manage your Origin electricity and natural gas business accounts online.
To be eligible for My Business Account, you must be an Origin Commercial and Industrial business customer taking electricity and/or gas from Origin.
To access My Business Account:
- you must be authorised to have access; and
- you will need a login (your email) and a password.
You are responsible for all actions taken by any person using My Business Account with your login. Access can be granted to additional employees of your organisation however in the event that an employee leaves your organisation, or you wish to discontinue access for any individual, it is your responsibility to keep user access up-to-date and/or inform Origin of any requests to amend user access.
You must otherwise maintain the confidentiality of your password and notify Origin immediately at BusinessCustomers@originenergy.com.au if you become aware of any unauthorised use of your My Business Account login and password.
You can terminate your My Business Account account at any time. If you do so, you must notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your use of My Business Account
When you use My Business Account, you must not:
- use My Business Account for any unlawful purpose;
- create or impersonate another person or misrepresent your or their authority to act;
- introduce any viruses or other malicious code;
- undermine or attempt to undermine the security or integrity of the computing systems or networks relating to or associated with My Business Account or Origin’s IT system;
- attempt to gain, or allow others to gain, unauthorised access to such computing systems; and
- attempt to decompile, or reverse-engineer any part of My Business Account or to obtain unauthorised access to My Business Account or portions of My Business Account that are restricted from general access or which you do not have access to as a user; or
- transmit any material in violation of law or rights of any person, including material protected by copyright, material that is threatening or obscene, material that is defamatory or material protected by trade secrets or privacy.
Origin acknowledges that you have non-excludable rights under the Australian Consumer Law that may apply to My Business Account. Subject to these non-excludable rights, Origin does not warrant or represent that My Business Account is complete, current, secure or free from errors, omissions or viruses or that My Business Account will be always available or uninterrupted.
You are responsible for the accuracy of the data you enter on My Business Account. Origin is not responsible for a transaction or the failure of a transaction where the data you enter is inaccurate or you do not complete the transaction.
What laws apply
The law applicable to these terms are the laws of New South Wales.
My Business Account is provided by Origin Energy Retail Limited ABN 22 078 868 425 of 321 Exhibition Street, Melbourne, Victoria 3000 (together us, we, or our) on behalf of the Origin Energy Group entity or entities that supply electricity and/or natural gas to you. The Billing and Usage portal (as described below) is provided by us on behalf of Origin Energy Electricity Limited (ABN 33 071 052 287) of 321 Exhibition Street, Melbourne, Victoria 3000.
To find out more about how Origin collects, uses, holds and discloses your personal and credit information when you use My Business Account or this Website, see our privacy statements at originenergy.com.au/privacy.
Billing and Usage portal
My Business Account includes a section called ‘Billing and Usage’ which provides customers with electricity consumption data. The consumption data is provided to us by your meter provider and as such, there may be a delay when receiving and displaying data online. As we rely on data from your meter provider, Origin cannot guarantee that all data is available; and to the extent permitted by law, Origin does not warrant the accuracy or currency of the data provided.
The Billing and Usage portal displays estimated usage and estimated spend data. This data is based on historical meter data and your business consumption patterns and Origin does not warrant the accuracy of estimated usage and estimated spend.
The Reports section provides an Estimated Greenhouse Gas Emissions Summary graph. The data presented online is based on a published National Greenhouse Account (NGA) factor prepared by the Department of the Environment and Energy and as an estimate, Origin cannot guarantee that the data is complete or accurate.