Terms and Conditions
Read the nitty gritty behind each of our energy products, our retail contracts and other important information.
Here’s where you’ll find our Agreement Terms for small customer market retail contracts – these cover the sale of electricity, natural gas, Origin Go Zero, GreenPower and/or Green Gas to you at your property. If Origin is your retailer for more than one of these products, then you’ll have a separate agreement with us for each product.
We have residential and business plans to suit a range of budgets and property types. Here are our terms for each energy plan. These apply in conjunction with the Agreement Terms above.
Residential energy plans
- Origin Advantage
- Origin Advantage ePlus
- Origin Advantage Variable
- Origin Advantage Variable ePlus
- Origin Daily Saver Choice
- Origin Employee Offer
- Origin Employee Go Solar
- Origin Everyday Rewards Plus
- Origin Flexi
- Origin Flexi Rate ePlus
- Origin Flexi Usage
- Origin Freedom
- Origin Home Support
- Origin Home Assist
- Origin Home Assist Variable
- Origin Go and Origin Everyday Rewards
- Origin Go Variable
- Origin Ongoing Saver
- Origin Ongoing Everyday Rewards
- Origin Value – Electricity
- Origin Value – Gas
- Origin Solar Boost (with export cap)
- Origin Solar Boost (no export cap)
- Origin Solar Boost (with tiered feed-in tariff)
- Origin Solar Boost (without tiered feed-in tariff)
- Origin Solar Boost Plus
- Origin Solar Lite
- Origin Solar Lite Variable
- Solar Optimiser
- UBT Home Energy
Small business energy plans
- Origin Business Solar Boost
- Origin Business Solar Boost (with tiered feed-in tariff)
- Origin Business Solar Boost Plus
- Business Solar Optimiser
- Origin Essentials
- Origin Business Flexi
- Origin Business Flexi Usage
- Origin Business Go
- Origin Business Go Variable
- Origin Ongoing Saver Business
- UBT Business Energy
And, here’s some more important information about your agreement:
If you’re taking up a standard retail contract with Origin, you’ll find the relevant terms below. This includes Origin Basic Plans for residential and small business customers.
- Australian Capital Territory (PDF 258 KB)
- New South Wales (PDF 188 KB)
- Victoria (PDF 186 KB)
- Queensland (PDF 258 KB)
- South Australia (PDF 188 KB)
- Western Australia (PDF 219 KB)
Direct debit terms and conditions
Direct debit is easy to set up, and makes paying your energy bill a breeze. Find our direct debit terms and conditions here.
Customer rights, entitlements and obligations
Under your agreement with Origin for the supply of energy, you have particular rights, entitlements and obligations that you may not be aware of. To better understand your rights, read through the document below, and if you’d like further information, call our friendly staff on 13 24 61. We’re always happy to help.
Internet offer terms and conditions
Read over the latest internet offer details.
Origin Internet and Everyday Rewards offer terms and conditions
See terms for the limited time Origin Internet and Everyday Rewards offer.
LPG offer terms and conditions
Looking for detailed information on LPG offers and plans?
littleBIGidea terms and conditions
See the littleBigidea terms and conditions for full details.
Spike terms and conditions
See the Spike terms and conditions for full details.
Origin Good Change Club
View the terms and conditions for our promotion