We show you what's in the box, how to set up, and how to get connected.
You'll be online in no time.
What’s in the box?
Please do a quick check to make sure you have all of these items in the box.
- Origin Home Gateway
- Yellow connection cable
- Grey connection cable
- Ethernet cable
- Wi-Fi network name (SSID) and Wi-Fi password sticker
(This information is also printed on the back of your Origin Home Gateway.)
Get set up
1. Plug it in
Connect one end of the power adaptor to your Origin Home Gateway and the other end into a power socket. Switch on the power at the wall.
2. Connect the grey telephone cable
The next steps will depend on the connection type you have. Refer to the instructions for the correct port to plug in the grey telephone cable.
3. Turn it on
- Press the power button on the side of the Origin Home Gateway – it'll start setting up automatically, so you don’t need to do anything. Hang tight, this process can take up to 20 minutes.
- When the set-up is complete, the Internet light will turn solid green.
- The lights will flash green for a few seconds if there's traffic coming through the modem. The lights will remain solid green if there's no traffic.
4. Plug in your phone
(only if you've requested the Origin Home Phone service)
Connect one end of your grey telephone cable into the grey port marked as Phone 1 on your Origin Home Gateway. Connect the other end into your telephone handset.