Need solar support?
Get ongoing help with solar system care, service and upgrades.
Extend the lifespan of your solar system
Keep your solar system running smoothly with regular cleaning and service. For greater energy efficiency and better value.
Solar services to keep your system in tip-top condition
Less dirt = more light = more energy
Each solar panel is cleaned, filtering out minerals to ensure streak free drying.
What kind of dirt blocks sunlight:
- Dirt, dust, grime
- Pollution, especially if you live in a busy area or near lots of traffic
- Bird, possum or bat droppings
- Lichen and salt
Keep your solar panels in tip top shape
View what’s included in your complete health check and your 9-page solar report.
- Inspect and record inverter readings
- Make, model and serial number
- Test of installation
- VOC and ISC
- Insulation resistance and irradiance
- Check for recalled electrical products
- Access roof to check panels for visual defects, configuration, specifications and earthing of the array
- Check racking installation - method and integrity
- Remove debris - eg leaves and other fire hazards
- Check AC and DC isolator integrity, connections, ratings, brand, correct polarity
- Check MSB for CB and AC cable size, connections and meter installation
- Check for roof leaks or damage to roof
- Supply a full report, with tasks completed - including photographs
- Recommendations on any maintenance to be done with a quote attached
- Photos of your solar system before and after maintenance
- Inverter readings
- Installation measurements
- Panel details
- A list of actions taken by your solar inspector
- A final assessment
- Recommendations based on what’s found
- A solar repair offer, with a quote attached - if there is any additional maintenance work to do
Cleaning + Service
The perfect combination!
System clean & health check
$349 inc GST
$399 inc GST
Get both cleaning and service at one low price. The ultimate solar service combination!
We also have offers available for 25 panels or more. Call us for a quote!
Solar at Origin
Helping more Aussies switch
We’ve supported over 110,000 energy users switch to solar energy in 15 years – and that number’s growing!
Get more energy value
Regular cleaning and service helps your system convert more energy.
Premium solar service
Get complete service by experts who care about solar energy.
Let our solar experts guide you to the best solution for your home solar needs.
What causes damage to solar panels?
External forces like wind and snow can be enough over time to stress solar panels. The effects produced by stress that appear on solar panels are commonly called hot spots and microcracks.
How hot spots form on your solar panels
Hotspots are caused when cells are covered for a long period of time, generally by a build-up of dirt, leaves and general grime. When the cells are covered over, they shut down and stop working. The areas of the panels which aren’t obstructed by dirt continue to work and form hotspots around the areas that have shut down. This adds to overall stress on the solar panels, reduces energy efficiency and excacerbates microcracks.
What microcracks do to reduce energy efficiency of you solar system
Microcracks are tiny cracks, usually invisible to the naked eye, that appear on solar panels after installation. While microcracks generally develop over time through exposure to weather, they are made worse when hotspots develop. Hotspots form on the cells of solar panels when areas are covered by dirt and grime. This puts more stress on the areas that aren't covered, leading to overheating and cracking. Existing microcracks become worse when hotspots remain and new mircrocracks form, dramatically reducing the overall energy efficiency of solar panels.
Why rain on your solar panels doesn’t wash them
Leaving a car out in the rain doesn’t clean the car. Dust, general grime and pollution all form a fine seal over the car that often becomes thicker with rainfall. Likewise, leaving your solar panels to be ‘washed by the rain’ doesn’t clean solar panel either. Regular cleaning is a form of preventative maintenance for solar panels, helping panels to remain free of hotspots, minimising microcracks and ensuring maximum energy efficiency of your solar system.
Important information about our solar service offers
The following exclusions apply to service offerings:
- The removal of objects and items causing shading, for example, trees or antennas.
- Standard ladder roof access only. 2 storey maximum, no additional aids required.
- Roof pitch must not be above 30 degrees.
- Water must be available on site.
- Price is based on maximum 6KW systems.
- Maintenance of your solar system will not disturb asbestos.
- Return visits will have additional base call out fees attached to item cost.
- HSE issues causing failure of job are still chargeable.
- 100kms from Brisbane, Melbourne, Adelaide and Sydney CBDs.