Open a centralised electricity account

Apartment blocks and other large buildings

We provide electricity to apartment blocks and buildings with centralised electricity (sometimes known as embedded electricity). Each apartment and retail tenancy has its own electricity meter – so you’re only billed for the electricity you use.

Some apartments may also have a gas cooktop and share a centralised hot water system. Check with your Owners’ Corporation, Landlord or Building Manager if you also need an Origin Hot Water account for these services. If you do, you’ll need to open an account for centalised hot water too.