Eligibility & access
My Account is a free service for you as an Origin customer, that allows you to manage your Origin electricity and natural gas accounts online.
To be eligible for My Account, you must be an Origin residential or small business customer with five or fewer sites taking electricity and/or natural gas from Origin.
To access My Account:
- you must be the primary account holder for the electricity or natural gas service or be authorised by the primary account holder to have access; and
- you will need a login (your email) and a password.
You are responsible for all actions taken by any person using My Account with your login and password (such as an authorised person or business associate). You should change your password if you no longer want a previously authorised person to have continued access.
You must otherwise maintain the confidentiality of your password and notify Origin immediately at email@example.com if you become aware of any unauthorised use of your My Account login and password.
You can terminate your My Account account at any time. If you do so, you must notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your use of My Account
When you use My Account, you must not:
- use My Account for any unlawful purpose;
- create or impersonate another person or misrepresent your or their authority to act;
- introduce any viruses or other malicious code;
- undermine or attempt to undermine the security or integrity of the computing systems or networks relating to or associated with My Account or Origin’s IT system;
- attempt to gain, or allow others to gain, unauthorised access to such computing systems; and
- attempt to decompile, or reverse-engineer any part of My Account or to obtain unauthorised access to My Account or portions of My Account that are restricted from general access or which you do not have access to as a user; or
- transmit any material in violation of law or rights of any person, including material protected by copyright, material that is threatening or obscene, material that is defamatory or material protected by trade secrets or privacy.
Origin acknowledges that you have non-excludable rights under the Australian Consumer Law that may apply to My Account. Subject to these non-excludable rights, Origin does not warrant or represent that My Account is complete, current, secure or free from errors, omissions or viruses or that My Account will be always available or uninterrupted.
If there is a discrepancy between a bill accessed through My Account and a bill issued to you via other means (such as email or post), the bill issued to you via other means will prevail.
You are responsible for the accuracy of the data you enter on My Account. Origin is not responsible for a transaction or the failure of a transaction where the data you enter is inaccurate or you do not complete the transaction.
What laws apply
The law applicable to these terms are the laws of New South Wales.
My Account is provided by Origin Energy Retail Limited ABN 22 078 868 425 of 321 Exhibition Street, Melbourne, Victoria 3000 (together us, we, or our) on behalf of the Origin Energy Group entity or entities that supply electricity and/or natural gas to you. Energy Manager (as described below) is provided by us on behalf of Origin Energy Electricity Limited (ABN 33 071 052 287) of 321 Exhibition Street, Melbourne, Victoria 3000.
To find out more about how Origin collects, uses, holds and discloses your personal and credit information when you use My Account or this Website, see our privacy statements at originenergy.com.au/privacy.
My Account includes a section called My Usage which provides you with information about your electricity consumption. My Usage relies on some information provided to us by your distributor and as such:
- Origin cannot guarantee that all features will be available; and
- to the extent permitted by law, Origin does not warrant the accuracy or currency of the content provided.
If your supply address is in Victoria and you have an active smart meter, My Usage will also include information about your interval meter data and a predicted bill. The predicted bill is intended to be used as a general guide and is based on a number of assumptions explained on the Website. Your actual electricity bill will vary and you must not rely on the predicted bill as a substitute for your actual bill.
Cookies and social media widgets
A "cookie" is a small text file that contains information and is stored on your computer. Cookies are used purely for technical purposes to facilitate use of the web page. One type of cookie saves a file permanently on your computer. It may then be used to personalize a web page according to the user’s choices and interests. The other main type of cookie is called a "session cookie". While you are visiting a web page, session cookies are sent between your computer and the server to access information. Session cookies disappear when you turn off your web browser.
If you do not wish to accept cookies, your web browser can be set so that you automatically deny the storage of cookies or are informed every time a website requests to be allowed to store a cookie. Previously stored cookies can also be deleted through the web browser. Please refer to your web browser’s help pages for more information. However, please be aware that some areas or features of this website rely on cookies and so may not work if you delete or decline cookies.