Compete for your chance to win a Tesla Model 3
The Spike Championship is our way of rewarding Spike members who successfully reduce their energy use.
To go in the running to win the major prize, you need to:
- Be an Origin electricity customer with a current Spike account
- Fill in the competition entry form
- Beat at least one SpikeHour forecast before the competition ends on midnight 28 February 2022.
Winner will be announced 2 March 2022.
Ready for the challenge?
Weekly Spike Championship prize packs are also up for grabs!
Alongside our major prize, we’ll be giving away a variety of weekly prizes via our Instagram!
Each week during the competition period, we’ll ask you to show us your best energy saving hacks or most interesting SpikeHour activities.
Whether it’s challenging your kids to a game of tag, or playing charades with your flatmates, we’re looking for the fun and creative ways your household saves energy during SpikeHours.
To enter the weekly prize pack draw:
The most creative entries will be awarded weekly. Join the fun on Instagram and keep your eyes peeled for instructions in our feed.
Become an Origin Spike member today
How does getting paid for saving energy sound? With Spike, you can!
Members take part in weekly SpikeHours to help reduce strain on the grid. When they beat their forecast, they earn points that can be redeemed as PayPal cash and gift cards!
To join Spike and start earning, you need to be an Origin customer. Find out more on eligibility, how to switch and the benefits of the program by clicking the button below.
Remember, once you’ve joined Spike, you’ll need to return to this page and complete the entry form to compete in the Spike Championship.
Spike Championship terms and conditions
Major Prize Draw – Tesla Model 3
“ORIGIN SPIKE” PROMOTION
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Information on how to enter and the prize(s) form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions. These Terms and Conditions must be read in conjunction with the terms and conditions for participation in the Origin Spike program, found here: https://www.originenergy.com.au/terms-and-conditions/spike.html. All capitalised terms not defined in these Terms and Conditions are to be interpreted in accordance with the Origin Spike program terms and conditions.
- Entry is only open to NSW, VIC, ACT, SA and QLD residents aged 18 years or over who are Origin residential electricity customers with a Digital Meter that can be read remotely and are or become members of the Origin Spike Program and meet the entry requirements outlined within clause 5 below.
- Employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter and agencies associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
- Entries into the promotion open on 28/10/21 and close at 11:59pm AEDT on 28/02/22 (“Promotional Period”).
- To enter, entrants must complete the following steps during the Promotional Period:
- Visit https://www.originenergy.com.au/spike/championship and follow the prompts to the promotion entry page;
- Input the requested details including full name and Spike account email address;
- Submit the fully completed entry form; and
- Successfully beat their SpikeHour forecast in at least one event.
- Only one (1) entry is permitted per person.
- Eligibility for entry into the promotion is based on Digital Meter data (i.e. task (d) above) and is determined when an entrant’s Digital Meter data is calculated, NOT when an entrant participates in a SpikeHour.
- The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these Terms and Conditions, tampered with the entry process or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise fair and proper conduct of the promotion. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter’s discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights. The Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
- If no Digital Meter data is received or is received after an entry close period in respect of a particular participant’s entry into the Draw, that entry will be deemed invalid.
- Incomplete or indecipherable entries will be deemed invalid.
- If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant.
- The Draw will take place at Anisimoff Legal, Suite 5, 210 Central Coast Highway, Erina NSW 2250 at 11:30am AEDT on 02/03/22. Winners will be notified in writing within two (2) business days of the draw and published on https://spike.originenergy.com.au/help-support on 04/03/22.
- The Promoter may draw additional reserve entries and record them in order in case an invalid entry or ineligible entrant is drawn.
- The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The first valid entry drawn will win One (1) Tesla Rear-Wheel Drive (Standard Range Plus) Electric Vehicle with automatic transmission. Total prize value is up to $64,985 including registration, compulsory third party insurance, stamp duty and dealer delivery charges (which may vary State by State). Additional insurance, options, petrol and all other ancillary costs are the responsibility of the winner. The Promoter may, in its absolute discretion, accommodate the winner’s colour preference (excluding metallic options), subject to availability.
- The winner must collect the prize from their closest authorised Tesla dealer. The Promoter will notify the winner of a suitable pick-up day and time from their closest Tesla dealer. The collection of the vehicle may take up to 13 weeks, subject to availability, from the date the winner is contacted by the Promoter.
- If the winner is, through any legal incapacity or otherwise, unable to register the car in their own name, then the winner may assign the car to another person (who consents to such assignment) with legal capacity for the purpose of registration. The Promoter takes no responsibility for any such arrangements between the winner and the assignee. The winner must provide the Promoter with certified copies of all required documentation as required by the Promoter before the car is awarded. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner may be required to sign a legal release in a form to be determined by the Promoter in its discretion.
- Subject to the unclaimed prize draw clause, if for any reason a winner does not take the prize (or an element of the prize) at/by the time stipulated by the Promoter, then the prize (or that element of the prize) will be forfeited.
- If the prize (or part of the prize) is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that part of the prize) with a prize to the equal value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
- Total prize pool value is up to AU$64,985.
- Prize, or any unused portion of the prize, is not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash, unless otherwise specified.
- A draw for the prize, if unclaimed may take place on 02/06/22 at the same time and place as the original draw in the presence of an independent scrutineer (if required), subject to any directions from a regulatory authority. The winner, if any, will be notified by email within two (2) business days of the draw and their names will be published on https://spike.originenergy.com.au/help-support on 06/06/22.
- Entrants consent to the Promoter using their name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are a winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this promotion (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter.
- If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, including but not limited to technical difficulties, unauthorised intervention or fraud, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law: (a) to disqualify any entrant; or (b) subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate.
- Any cost associated with accessing any promotional website is the entrant’s responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the States and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion.
- Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or (f) use of/taking of a prize.
- As a condition of accepting the prize, a winner must sign any legal documentation as and in the form required by the Promoter and/or prize suppliers in their absolute discretion, including but not limited to a legal release and indemnity form.
- The Promoter is Origin Future Energy Pty Limited (ABN 60 616 201 417) of Level 32, 100 Barangaroo Avenue, Barangaroo NSW 2000, telephone 02 8345 5000.
NSW Authority No. TP/01238. ACT Permit No. TP21/01859. SA Permit No. T21/1674
Minor Prize Draws – Instagram competitions
Each weekly prize draw has its own start and end time, stipulated in the competition post on Instagram. To be shortlisted for a prize, the following criteria must be met in full:
- Share a public feed post or reel that addresses the weekly challenge stipulated in the challenge post.
- Tag @originenergy in your post and include the hashtag #SpikeChampionship in the caption.
- Follow @originenergy on Instagram.
Winning entries are judged on creativity.
Winners are notified via direct message on Instagram from Origin’s verified account.
Weekly prize promotions are in no way sponsored, administered, or associated with Instagram or any other brand or retailer.
- Participants do not need to have an active Origin account or Spike account to win.
- Winners must be located in Australia.
- Origin Energy employees are ineligible for prizes.