Saving tip references
1-14. These Savings have been calculated using the general domestic, GST inclusive, usage price per unit from the various electricity distribution networks in your state. Prices per unit are effective:
- In Queensland as of 17 October 2016.
- In New South Wales as of 29 July 2016.
- In the ACT as of 17 October 2016.
- In South Australia as of 22 October 2016.
- In Victoria as of 1 January 2017.
For more details and the savings figure specific to your state, see the estimated yearly energy savings page.
15. Projected average home energy use in 2012 www.yourhome.gov.au/energy.
16. Based on a 7.7 kW capacity air conditioner (2.42 kW input) used for 5 hours with the thermostat set at 24℃ on days with temperatures over 28℃.
17. Based on a 7.7 kW capacity air conditioner (2.42 kW input) with the thermostat set at 24℃, used on days with highs of 30℃ or more.
18. Based on using a 65 watt ceiling fan for 10 hours a day, compared to a 7.5 kW capacity air conditioner (2.42 kW input) with the thermostat set at 24℃ for 5 hours a day on days with temperatures over 28℃.
19. Based on gas hot water, showering for 4 mins instead of 8 mins twice a day using an enegy efficient shower fitting (7 L/min flow) over 90-per day summer quarter (Nov-Jan).
20. Based on gas hot water with annual savings in a medium sized household (4 people using 90 MJ/day).
21. Based on a plasma TV (using 8 watts on standby), set top box (using 13.3 watts on standby) and game console (using 5.4 watts on standby) on standby for 21 hours a day.
22. Based on a desktop computer (using 3.5 watts on standby) and ADSL wireless modem (using 8.3 watts on standby) on standby for 20 hours a day and a inkjet printer (using 6.2 watts on standby) on standby for 23 hours a day.
23. Based on a front loader washing machine using 5.8 watts on standby mode for 154 hours a week (based on average use of 1 load a day, cycle time of 2 hours).
24. Source is ACT Governement's Energy Smart Booklet.
25. Based on a 5.5kg auto-sense type dryer, consuming 4.5kW per load, saving 1 load a week each year.
26. & 27. Source is www.yourhome.gov.au/passive-design/insulation-installation
# Source is ACT Governement's Energy Smart Booklet.
> Source is www.yourhome.gov.au/energy/appliances.