Eraring ash dam expansion
Project news and updates
On 23 December 2019, the NSW Independent Planning Commission approved Origin’s application to modify an earlier major project approval (MP 07_0084) for the Eraring Ash Dam.
The approved modification application enables Origin to:
- change how ash is deposited within the ash dam
- extend the ash dam placement area
- relocate ancillary infrastructure including stormwater facilities
These works will provide an estimated 5 million cubic metres of additional ash storage capacity.
Establishing a Community Consultative Committee (CCC)
There were several approval conditions set down by the Independent Planning Commission including the establishment of a Community Consultative Committee (CCC).
The CCC will comprise of:
- An independent chairperson
- Up to 7 community and stakeholder representatives
- A Council representative
- Up to 3 representatives from Origin.
The Department of Planning, Industry and Environment has completed the appointment of an independent Chair, and advertisements have been placed locally seeking nominations from local community members interested in joining the CCC.
Applications to participate on the CCC have now closed. You can find more information about the CCC on the NSW Government’s Community Consultative Committees webpage.
- CCC Minutes – 17 December 2020 (4.76 MB)
- CCC Minutes – 08 October 2020 (4.4 MB)
- CCC Minutes – 23 July 2020 (1.9 MB)
- CCC Minutes – 14 May 2020 (PDF 179 kB)
To find out more about the Eraring Ash Dam Expansion Project please visit the Department of Planning, Industry and Environment project portal website.