Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Cadetships
Inviting all Australian Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students in their last year of university studies to get your application in.
Get on-the-job experience with our flexible 12-month cadetship program – at the same time you complete your course. And the best bit? You could find an ongoing role at Origin after the program. We’re behind you 100% of the way, to help you learn all the skills you need in your new career.
What you need to know about your cadetship with us:
While you’re studying:
- We’ll pay for your last year of uni fees while you do the cadetship
- Access up to $1,000 to spend on resources to help you with your studies
- You’ll have a paid flexible 12-month role while you’re studying, that is designed around you – putting your study and family commitments first
After completing your university course and cadetship you’ll have:
- The chance to get a role in one of our teams at Origin
- An Origin mentor to help guide you in your role
- A connection into our Indigenous Employee Network for support
- $1,000 allowance for work related purchases
How to apply
To apply for our cadetship program, you’ll need to:
- Be an Australian Citizen
- Be a student studying your second last year at university
- Identify as Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander
- Have a grade point average (GPA) of 4 and above
If you’re looking for more info or to apply, send us an email.
Professional careers at Origin
Get ready to energise your professional career and grow your experience by coming to work with us.
We value diversity and inclusion, believing in the power of a balanced workplace. Making sure we create employment opportunities for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples is important to our company values and our Reconciliation Action Plan.
We offer roles across many of our teams including;
- gas exploration
- human resources
- sustainable energy
- community engagement
- risk and legal
How to apply
We’re now taking expressions of interest for roles.
Internships via CareerTrackers
Looking to gain some hands-on experience to help decide where you want your future career to begin? Right this way. Origin has partnered with CareerTrackers to provide internships for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students to get that knowledge.
CareerTrackers Internships give you real life work experience supporting your career aspirations while you’re studying.
How to apply
Want to know more? Visit CareerTrackers or send us an email.
Traineeships and Apprenticeships
Soar to great heights and kick start your career with our traineeships and apprenticeships. They provide the opportunity for Indigenous career seekers to develop skills across various parts of Origin.
These opportunities are advertised, when available, on our social media channels and through our partner organisations.
What you need to know about your traineeships or apprenticeship with us;
- Traineeships range from 1-2 years
- Apprenticeships range from 3-4 years
- You can gain experience within our corporate offices or gain trade skills in one of our LPG gas assets
To be a part for our cadetship program, you’ll need to:
• Be an Australian Citizen
• Identify as Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander
To show your interest send through an email.