Deceased estates

Let us make it easier for you

Coping with the death of a loved one is never easy. But we’re here to help you with their energy account arrangements. 

We have a few options available which can be done quickly and simply. And we’ll work with you every step of the way. 

Options for managing your loved one’s account

Option 1: Transfer the energy account into a new name

If you wish to keep the power on at the property, we can transfer the account into a new name. We only need a few details from the new account holder.

Option 2: Cancel the service

If power is no longer needed at the property, we can arrange for the cancellation of the service, and send the final bill to the estate.

Option 3: Temporary supply

Or, if you need temporary supply at the property before the service is cancelled, we’re happy to help organise this too.

Can I make these changes?

To change the deceased customer’s account and power supply, you need to be authorised to act on their behalf. You could be:

  • A primary or joint account holder on the account
  • An executor of the deceased’s estate
  • The deceased’s solicitor
  • A trustee or business partner of the deceased.

If you’re not the primary account holder, then providing some written evidence will help us to make those changes quickly.


Talk to us

Electricity & natural gas

phone13 24 61

7 am to 7 pm, Monday to Friday


phone13 35 74

8 am to 6 pm, Monday to Friday

Solar, hot water, heating & cooling

phone1300 791 468

8 am to 6 pm, Monday to Friday

If you’d like an interpreter, call: 1300 137 427
If you’re calling from overseas, call: +61 3 8635 3485


Email your enquiry

Please include your contact number so that if we need to call you, we can.