Pulled pork is a versatile ingredient which always pleases a crowd. Couple it with tortillas and watch the kids enjoy creating their own meal.
2 tbs canola or sunflower oil
1.4 kg pork scotch fillet, cut into 6 pieces
1 cup fresh orange juice
1 tsp dried red chilli
⅓ cup red wine vinegar
1 tbs dried oregano
2 tsp cumin seeds
¼ cup caster sugar
100ml white wine vinegar
2 red onions, thinly sliced
- Heat oil in a large heavy-based flameproof pot. Brown the pork until golden. Combine juice, chilli, vinegar, oregano and cumin in a jug and pour over pork.
- Bring to the boil, reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 2-2½ hours or until very tender. For the last half hour of cooking remove lid to allow cooking juices to reduce.
- Remove pork and reduce sauce until thick. Return pork to pot. Using 2 forks, shred the pork into strips.
- Meanwhile, cook sugar and vinegar over a medium heat until sugar dissolves. Pour over onions and cool.
- When ready to serve, heat a frying pan over high heat. Warm the tortillas by cooking them for 30 seconds each side.
- Wrap in foil while you cook the remaining tortillas. Top the warm tortillas with pork and onions.
Avocado, lime wedges, grated carrot and coriander.