From romantic candlelit dinners to competitive family dance-offs, we’re challenging Aussies to reduce their energy consumption for the chance to win a Tesla Model 3.
If you fancy yourself energy fit, the Spike Championship is your time to shine! Over the next four months, we’ll be rewarding competitive energy-savers and Spike members who successfully reduce their energy consumption. From a Tesla Model 3 to state-of-the-art smart devices, trampolines and BBQs, each prize is worth flexing your strongest energy-saving muscles for.
Remind me, what’s Spike again?
Spike is a fun and creative way to earn cash rewards and prizes by making energy-conscious decisions. When members participate in regular energy-saving events – which we call SpikeHours – they help to reduce demand on the electricity grid during peak periods.
Ready to compete?
There are heaps of prizes up for grabs, and plenty of ways to get involved.
Spike members who sign up to win the grand prize only need to beat their SpikeHour forecast at least once during the competition period to go in the running to win the Tesla Model 3 (T&Cs apply*).
It’s as simple as showing us your most creative energy-saving techniques by following @originenergy and tagging #SpikeChampionship and @originenergy. The most creative entries will be awarded weekly with prizes including Sonos smart speakers, Nintendo Switches, Uber Eats vouchers and more!
Need some inspiration?
Popular Aussie personalities are flexing their energy efficiency to compete in The Spike Championship.
Newly appointed Spike challenge ambassador, Nazeem Hussain, uses SpikeHours to slow it down a notch with a moment of meditation. The comedian is competing in the Spike Championship by turning off the TV, lighting some candles and attempting to focus his attention on his breath.
Mother of two and SpikeHour expert, Olivia White knows how to keep SpikeHour fun and is taking part in the Spike Championship by challenging her family to unplug unused appliances.
* Terms and conditions
Competition closes 11:59pm AEDT on 28/02/22 . T&Cs apply and can be found below.
“ORIGIN SPIKE” PROMOTION
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Information on how to enter and the prize(s) form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions. These Terms and Conditions must be read in conjunction with the terms and conditions for participation in the Origin Spike program, found here: https://www.originenergy.com.au/terms-and-conditions/spike.html. All capitalised terms not defined in these Terms and Conditions are to be interpreted in accordance with the Origin Spike program terms and conditions.
- Entry is only open to NSW, VIC, ACT, SA and QLD residents aged 18 years or over who are Origin residential electricity customers with a Digital Meter that can be read remotely and are or become members of the Origin Spike Program and meet the entry requirements outlined within clause 5 below.
- Employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter and agencies associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
- Entries into the promotion open on 28/10/21 and close at 11:59pm AEDT on 28/02/22 (“Promotional Period”).
- To enter, entrants must complete the following steps during the Promotional Period:
- Visit https://www.originenergy.com.au/spike/championship and follow the prompts to the promotion entry page;
- Input the requested details including full name and Spike account email address;
- Submit the fully completed entry form; and
- Successfully beat their SpikeHour forecast in at least one event.
- Only one (1) entry is permitted per person.
- Eligibility for entry into the promotion is based on Digital Meter data (i.e. task (d) above) and is determined when an entrant’s Digital Meter data is calculated, NOT when an entrant participates in a SpikeHour.
- The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these Terms and Conditions, tampered with the entry process or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise fair and proper conduct of the promotion. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter’s discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights. The Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
- If no Digital Meter data is received or is received after an entry close period in respect of a particular participant’s entry into the Draw, that entry will be deemed invalid.
- Incomplete or indecipherable entries will be deemed invalid.
- If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant.
- The Draw will take place at Anisimoff Legal, Suite 5, 210 Central Coast Highway, Erina NSW 2250 at 11:30am AEDT on 02/03/22. Winners will be notified in writing within two (2) business days of the draw and published on https://spike.originenergy.com.au/help-support on 04/03/22.
- The Promoter may draw additional reserve entries and record them in order in case an invalid entry or ineligible entrant is drawn.
- The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The first valid entry drawn will win One (1) Tesla Rear-Wheel Drive (Standard Range Plus) Electric Vehicle with automatic transmission. Total prize value is up to $64,985 including registration, compulsory third party insurance, stamp duty and dealer delivery charges (which may vary State by State). Additional insurance, options, petrol and all other ancillary costs are the responsibility of the winner. The Promoter may, in its absolute discretion, accommodate the winner’s colour preference (excluding metallic options), subject to availability.
- The winner must collect the prize from their closest authorised Tesla dealer. The Promoter will notify the winner of a suitable pick-up day and time from their closest Tesla dealer. The collection of the vehicle may take up to 13 weeks, subject to availability, from the date the winner is contacted by the Promoter.
- If the winner is, through any legal incapacity or otherwise, unable to register the car in their own name, then the winner may assign the car to another person (who consents to such assignment) with legal capacity for the purpose of registration. The Promoter takes no responsibility for any such arrangements between the winner and the assignee. The winner must provide the Promoter with certified copies of all required documentation as required by the Promoter before the car is awarded. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner may be required to sign a legal release in a form to be determined by the Promoter in its discretion.
- Subject to the unclaimed prize draw clause, if for any reason a winner does not take the prize (or an element of the prize) at/by the time stipulated by the Promoter, then the prize (or that element of the prize) will be forfeited.
- If the prize (or part of the prize) is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that part of the prize) with a prize to the equal value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
- Total prize pool value is up to AU$64,985.
- Prize, or any unused portion of the prize, is not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash, unless otherwise specified.
- A draw for the prize, if unclaimed may take place on 02/06/22 at the same time and place as the original draw in the presence of an independent scrutineer (if required), subject to any directions from a regulatory authority. The winner, if any, will be notified by email within two (2) business days of the draw and their names will be published on https://spike.originenergy.com.au/help-support on 06/06/22.
- Entrants consent to the Promoter using their name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are a winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this promotion (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter.
- If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, including but not limited to technical difficulties, unauthorised intervention or fraud, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law: (a) to disqualify any entrant; or (b) subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate.
- Any cost associated with accessing any promotional website is the entrant’s responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the States and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion.
- Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or (f) use of/taking of a prize.
- As a condition of accepting the prize, a winner must sign any legal documentation as and in the form required by the Promoter and/or prize suppliers in their absolute discretion, including but not limited to a legal release and indemnity form.
- The Promoter is Origin Future Energy Pty Limited (ABN 60 616 201 417) of Level 32, 100 Barangaroo Avenue, Barangaroo NSW 2000, telephone 02 8345 5000.
NSW Authority No. TP/01238. ACT Permit No. TP21/01859. SA Permit No. T21/1674