Stumped when it comes to gift giving this festive season?
These ideas are sure to inspire and impress your nearest and dearest.
Gifting someone an experience, is gifting them a memory – that’s pretty hard to top right?
Think about the person you’re buying for and work backwards. What are their hobbies, interests and favourite things?
- Into beauty or skincare? Think day spa packages, massages, hot springs, a luxe hair treatment or a voucher for a glam makeup application.
- Outdoorsy? Maybe they’d love to go snorkelling or diving, take a surf lesson, go quad biking or perhaps a camping experience would be more their jam?
- Sporty? Book a ticket to one of their favourite sporting events, treat them to some laps at the racetrack in a v8, book a clay shooting experience or treat them to a fishing trip.
- A traveller? Scan the best tourist recommendations for your city or state and book them in for an adventure. Some ideas include cable car rides, bridge climbs, sky deck experiences or a scenic harbour/river cruise.
- A foodie? Book a degustation experience, grab a voucher for their favourite restaurant or opt for a cabaret theatre or themed restaurant to up the fun.
There are plenty of companies out there who deal solely in experiences! Just scrolling through the options if you need more inspiration.
2. Personalised vouchers
If you’re looking to give a gift with meaning, that doesn’t break the bank, creating your own vouchers is a great option.
Offering the special people in your life something unique from you like a massage, a week of chores, cooking a fancy dinner, a movie night with their choice of movie, treating them to a restaurant meal of their choosing etc. is a great way to carve out quality time with one another.
Once you’ve settled on your idea, kick it up a notch by creating custom vouchers. You can use websites like Canva to make your vouchers look ‘official’ and add festive finishing touches. You can also print them out on card at your local stationery store.
3. Fav things hamper
What come to mind when you think about the person you’re buying for?
Creating personalised hampers with their favourite things is a fantastic way to give a bespoke gift. Some hamper ideas include:
- For avid cooks: pop in a pizza stone and cutter, a stylish apron, a bottle of wine and a new cookbook to keep them inspired.
- For the mixologist: opt for a cocktail shaker, muddler, some unique glasses and a cocktail/mocktail recipe book.
- For the bookworm: a new book or voucher, cosy mug, tea or cocoa mix and a candle to create a real ‘book nook’ experience at home.
- For the green thumb: find some cute gardening gloves, a voucher for a plant or an indoor plant, a hand painted pot or even a windowsill micro herbs kit for the kitchen.
- For the film fan: a basket of their favourite snacks, a bag of gourmet popcorn, a Netflix subscription, or a voucher to their local cinema.
As they say, it’s the thought that counts, and how lovely it would be to receive a gift that’s had so much thought put into it!