Char-grilled satay skewers coupled with crunchy greens are just the thing to feed the family at dinnertime.
600g chicken breast fillets, cut into 3cm pieces
2 garlic cloves, crushed
¼ cup soy sauce
¾ cup coconut milk
¼ cup crunchy peanut butter
1 tbs sweet chilli sauce
2 tbs coriander leaves
For the coleslaw:
2 cups shredded wombok (Chinese cabbage)
2 green shallots, sliced
100g snow peas, trimmed and shredded
¼ cup lime juice
1 tbs sesame oil
- Combine chicken, garlic and 2 tbs of soy sauce in a bowl. Toss to combine. Thread onto 8 wooden skewers.
- Preheat a char-grill pan over medium heat. Cook skewers for 3 minutes on each side or until golden and cooked through. Place on a plate and cover to keep warm.
- Place coconut milk, peanut butter, sweet chilli sauce and remaining soy sauce in a small saucepan. Gently heat and whisk until smooth.
- Meanwhile, place wombok, green shallots, snow peas, lime juice and sesame oil in a bowl. Gently toss to combine.
- Serve skewers drizzled with sauce and sprinkled with coriander. Accompany with coleslaw.