There’s not many diners who turn down a spectacular roast chicken, and while this fruity version is the perfect winter warmer, you might also be breaking it out for summer salads too.
¼ cup craisins (or a mix of cranberries and raisins)
2 tbs olive oil
4 chicken marylands
½ cup chicken stock
2 tsp fresh thyme leaves
1 red onion, cut into wedges
1 pear, peeled and cut into wedges
2 apples, cut into wedges
- Place the craisins in a small bowl and cover with boiling water. Soak for 15 minutes. Drain and reserve.
- Heat half the oil and half the butter in a large heavy-based flameproof pot over medium heat. Brown the chicken on both sides.
- Add the stock and thyme, lower the heat and cover tightly. Cook for 30 minutes or until cooked. Add a little more stock during cooking if necessary.
- In a large frying pan, heat remaining oil and butter. Add onion and cook over medium heat for 3-4 minutes or until soft.
- Add pears and apples and cook, turning once, for 3-4 minutes or until soft. Add craisins and heat through.
Steamed brown rice and green beans.