- Information on how to enter and the prizes form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- The promoter is Origin Energy Retail Limited (ABN 22 078 868 425) of 321 Exhibition Street, Melbourne VIC 3000, telephone 13 24 61 (“Promoter”).
- Subject to clause 4, entry is only open to Australian residents aged 18 years or over who are: (a) Origin Energy electricity and/or natural gas customers located in NSW, ACT, VIC, QLD, and SA; and/or (b) Origin small business customers located in NSW, ACT, VIC, QLD, and SA (“Origin Customers”). Individuals must still be an Origin Customer at the time of the draw to be eligible to claim any prize.
- Employees (or an immediate family member of an employee) of the Promoter or an agency associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter this promotion. Immediate family member means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
- Promotion commences at 9:00am AEDST on 19/10/2015 and final entries close at 5:00pm AEDST on 29/01/2016 (“Promotional Period”).
- To enter, an Origin Customer must request to have their billing preferences changed to email (i.e. switch to eBilling) for their electricity or natural gas account or both, during the Promotional Period via one (1) of the following response methods:
(a) Online: visit originenergy.com.au/ebilling, fully complete the ‘Make the switch to eBilling’ online capture form and submit this form so that it is received during the Promotional Period;
(b) SMS: respond ‘YES’ to the ‘Get your Origin bills by email’ SMS text message sent by the Promoter. SMS entry cost will vary dependent on the mobile network used but will not exceed 55c; or
(c) Email: Click the ‘Switch to eBilling’ link in the official ‘Make the switch to eBilling and Win’ email sent by the Promoter.
- Any request must be successfully made during the Promotional Period (meaning the Origin Customer will now receive their bills via email) for a valid entry. If an Origin Customer completes one (1) of the response methods outlined above but cannot successfully switch to receiving their bill(s) via email (i.e. switch to eBilling) due to any of the account details provided not matching those, which the Promoter currently holds, then that Origin Customer’s entry will be deemed invalid.
- Incomplete or indecipherable entries will be deemed invalid.
- Only one (1) entry is permitted per Origin Customer.
- The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and Origin Customers, (including an Origin Customer’s name, address, age and place of residence) and reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these Terms and Conditions, tampered with the entry process or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise fair and proper conduct of the promotion. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter's discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights. The Promoter's legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
- If there is a dispute as to the identity of an Origin Customer the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the Origin Customer.
- The draw will take place at Anisimoff Legal, Level 5, 492 St Kilda Road, Melbourne, VIC 3004 at 12:00pm AEDST (i.e. noon) on 17/02/2016. The Promoter may draw additional reserve entries and record them in order in case an invalid entry or ineligible entrant is drawn.
- The first thirty (30) valid entries drawn will each win a $250 Coles Group & Myer Gift Card.
- The winning Origin Customers will be notified by email within two (2) business days of the draw.
- The Promoter’s decision in relation to any aspect of this promotion is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Coles Group & Myer Gift Cards are valid for twelve (12) months from the date of issue. Any ancillary costs associated with redeeming the Coles Group & Myer Gift Card are not included. Any unused balance of the Coles Group & Myer Gift Card will not be awarded as cash. Redemption of the Coles Group & Myer Gift Card is subject to any terms and conditions of the issuer including those specified on the Coles Group & Myer Gift Card.
- Subject to the unclaimed prize draw clause, if for any reason a winner does not take/redeem a prize then the prize will be forfeited.
- If any prize is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize with a prize to the equal value and/or specification, and the winners will be notified accordingly, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
- Total national prize pool value is $7,500.
- Prizes, or any unused portion of a prize, are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash, unless otherwise specified.
- If any prize remains unclaimed by 11:00am AEST on 17/05/2016, a re-draw for any such prizes will take place at the same place as the original draws at 12:00pm AEST on 17/05/2016, subject to any directions from a regulatory authority. Winners, if any, will be notified by email within two (2) business days of the draw.
- Winning Origin Customers (as a condition of accepting a prize), consent to the Promoter using their name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are a winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this promotion (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter.
- If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, including but not limited to technical difficulties, unauthorised intervention or fraud, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law: (a) to disqualify any Origin Customer; or (b) subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the States and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion.
- Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any tax liability incurred by a winner; or (e) taking/redeeming a prize.