1. Information on how to enter and the prizes form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
2. Entry is only open to Australian residents aged 18 years or over who are existing Origin Energy electricity and natural gas customers/account holders.
3. Employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter and agencies associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
4. Promotion commences on 23/04/2018 and final entries close at 11:59pm AEST on 18/05/2018 (“Promotional Period”).
5. To enter, individuals must undertake the following steps during the Promotional Period:
Visit http://www.originenergy.com.au/spreadgoodenergy (“Website”);
Input the requested details including their full name, mobile phone number, email address and their State/Territory of residence. Then, when prompted answer the promotional question “How do you spread good energy?” in 25 words or less. Individuals can upload supporting photographs and/or videos however this is not compulsory;
Submit the fully completed online entry form.
6. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these Terms and Conditions, tampered with the entry process or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise fair and proper conduct of the promotion. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter's discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights. The Promoter's legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
7. Incomplete or indecipherable entries will be deemed invalid.
8. Only one (1) entry is permitted per person.
9. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant.
10. The judging will take place at Origin Energy Services, 321 Exhibition Street, Melbourne VIC 3000 on 21/05/2018. The judges may select additional reserve entries which they determine to be the next best, and record them in order, in case of an invalid entry or ineligible entrant. The winners will be notified in writing from 25/05/2018. This is a game of skill and chance plays no part in determining the winners. Each entry will be individually judged based on creativity, uniqueness and relevance to the promotional question. Winners will be announced online at http://www.originenergy.com.au/spreadgoodenergy commencing on 25/05/2018.
11. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
12. The best ten (10) valid entries, as determined by the judges, will each win a Visa Prepaid Gift Card valued at $2,000.
13. If for any reason a winner does not redeem a prize by the time stipulated by the Promoter, then the prize (or that element of the prize) will be forfeited.
14. Total prize pool value is $20,000.
15. Prizes are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash, unless otherwise specified.
16. Any ancillary costs associated with redeeming the gift card are not included. Any unused balance of the gift card will not be awarded as cash. Redemption of the gift card is subject to any terms and conditions of the issuer including those specified on the gift card.
17. Entrants agree that they are fully responsible for any materials they submit via the promotion including but not limited to photographs, videos, comments, recordings and images (“Content”). The Promoter shall not be liable in any way for such Content to the full extent permitted by law. The Promoter may remove or decline to publish any Content without notice for any reason whatsoever. Entrants warrant and agree that:
(a) they will not submit any Content that is unlawful or fraudulent, or that the Promoter may deem in breach of any intellectual property, privacy, publicity or other rights, defamatory, obscene, derogatory, pornographic, sexually inappropriate, violent, abusive, harassing, threatening, objectionable with respect to race, religion, origin or gender, not suitable for children aged under 15, or otherwise unsuitable for publication;
(b) their Content shall not contain viruses or cause injury or harm to any person or entity;
(c) they will obtain prior consent from any person that appears in their Content;
(d) the Content is the original work of the entrant that does not infringe the rights of any third party;
(e) they consent to any use of the Content which may otherwise infringe the Content creator’s/creators’ moral rights pursuant to the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth) and warrant that they have the full authority to grant these rights; and
(f) they will comply with all applicable laws and regulations, including without limitation, those governing copyright, content, defamation, privacy, publicity and the access or use of others' computer or communication systems.
Without limiting any other terms herein, the entrant agrees to indemnify the Promoter for any breach of the above terms.
18. As a condition of entering this promotion, each entrant licenses and grants the Promoter, its affiliates and sub-licensees a non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, worldwide, irrevocable, and sub-licensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish and display their entry (which shall include Content) for any purpose, including but not limited to future promotional, marketing or publicity purposes, in any media, without compensation, restriction on use, attribution or liability.
19. Entrants consent to the Promoter using their name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are a winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this promotion (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter.
20. If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, including but not limited to technical difficulties, unauthorised intervention or fraud, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law (a) to disqualify any entrant; or (b) to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate.
21. Any cost associated with accessing the promotional website is the entrant’s responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used.
22. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act (Cth), as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act (Cth) or similar consumer protection laws in the States and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion.
23. Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or (f) use of the prize.
24. As a condition of accepting a prize, the winner must sign any legal documentation as and in the form required by the Promoter and/or prize suppliers in their absolute discretion, including but not limited to a legal release and indemnity form.
26. The Promoter is Origin Energy Services Limited (ABN 93 007 847 010) of 321 Exhibition Street, Melbourne VIC 3000.