Energy Plan Period
This Energy Plan is for 24 months from the Supply Start Date unless it ends earlier.
Under this Energy Plan you receive the following benefit(s):
A pay on time discount on the usage Charges if you:
- pay the total amount due by the Due Date and don't have an overdue amount on your account; and
- don't have a Power on Payment Plan (other than Direct Debit for the entire Billing Period).
If you have an Origin Smart Saver Electricity Plan, an Origin Home HQ Energy Starter Kit that requires:
- A home Internet connection
- A spare Ethernet port on your Internet router
- An iOS 6.0+ or Android 4.4+ Smartphone.
There is a limit of one Home HQ Energy Starter Kit per supply address in any 24-month period. If you have received a Home HQ Energy Starter Kit under an Origin Smart Saver Electricity Plan for your supply address in the last 24 months, you won’t receive a Home HQ Energy Supply Kit under this energy plan.
Your Home HQ Energy Starter Kit can be used to access our Home HQ service and will be sent to your mailing address approximately 10 business-days after your supply start date.
Separate terms and conditions apply to the Home HQ Energy Starter Kit and Home HQ service, which will be provided with your Home HQ Energy Starter Kit.
The applicable discount(s) are set out in the Details section.
The discount(s) do not apply to other charges such as GreenPower, Green Gas or supply charges. If we make any changes to the usage charges (in accordance with our Agreement Terms) your discount(s) will continue – but will just apply to the new usage charges.
Digital services – your Obligations
To take up this Energy Plan you'll need to have:
- agreed to receive bills via email during the Energy Plan;
- chosen email as your preferred contact method for communications from us about your energy supply under this Agreement and any other
- agreement with us during the Energy Plan. By taking up this Energy Plan you'll be taken to have made that choice; and
- made sure the email address you use for My Account is current and valid and can receive electronic attachments from us.
When could this Energy Plan end early?
If our Agreement to supply you with energy ends, this Energy Plan will also end – including if you move to another address.
We may also end this Energy Plan:
- if you stop being a Residential Customer;
- if we withdraw this Energy Plan from sale, as set out in the Agreement Terms.
What happens when this Energy Plan ends?
If we are still your retailer after this Energy Plan ends, we'll still supply you with energy under our Agreement. We may extend this Energy Plan or set you up with a new energy plan – but only if we've written to you first and you haven't told us not to. If you don't hear from us, your supply will continue without the Energy Plan benefits.
If you cancel your Origin Smart Saver energy plan within six months of your supply start date, we may deactivate your access to our Home HQ service. If we ask you to, you must return your Home HQ Energy Starter Kit to us.
If this Energy Plan contains an account credit (see the Details section of your Agreement) that has not been applied before this Energy Plan ends, then you won’t receive the account credit.
Want to view more plans?