1. Information on how to enter and prize details set out in all communications regarding the Origin Energy “Origin Countdown Competition” (the “Promotion”) form part of these Conditions of Entry. Any entry not complying with these Conditions of Entry is invalid. Entry into this Promotion and the acceptance or receipt of a prize by the winner(s) is deemed as acceptance of these Conditions of Entry.
2. The Promoter is Origin Energy Retail Limited ABN 22 078 868 425 of 321 Exhibition St, Melbourne, VIC 3000 (the “Promoter”).
3. The Promotion commences at 12:01am AEST on 28/08/20 and closes at 5:00pm AEST on 18/10/20 (the “Promotion Period”).
Conditions of entry
4. Entry into the Promotion is open to individuals who satisfy the following eligibility requirements (“Eligibility Requirements”):
- Must reside in Australia;
- Must be Australian residents aged over 13 years of age; and
- Are not employees or members of the immediate family (spouse, parent, sibling or child) of employees of the Promoter or the Promoter’s related entities directly involved in the Promotion (as determined by the Promoter).
5. To enter, individuals who satisfy the Eligibility Requirements must, (1) Go to their favourite Suncorp Super Netball (SSN) team’s Instagram page, and select the Origin countdown filter; (2) create their own countdown video using the Origin countdown filter; and (3) then share their countdown video on Instagram tagging #OriginCountdown and @OriginEnergy.
6. On Instagram, only entries that contain the hashtag ‘#OriginCountdown and @OriginEnergy will be eligible. Entrant’s Instagram account must be public and must not be set to private in order to be eligible. Uploaded files must be submitted in accordance with Instagram’s requirements.
7. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and address) and reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these Terms and Conditions, tampered with the entry process or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise fair and proper conduct of the promotion. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter's discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights. The Promoter's legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
8. Multiple entries accepted, subject to the following: (a) each entry must be submitted in accordance with entry requirements; and (b) each entry must be substantially unique.
9. This is a game of skill, and chance plays no part in determining the winners. Entries submitted within the Promotion Period will be judged on their originality, entertaining and creative merit in the video uploaded.
10. Entries will be judged by a representative of the Promoter, Iris Worldwide, weekly from 28/08/20 every Monday at 12pm AEST. The judges will select two winners and two reserve entries in the case of one of the provisional winners not meeting the Eligibility Requirements.
11. Two winners will be notified by a private/direct message on Instagram within two days of the entries being judged each week and published on the websites of the competition supporter, Australian Radio Network Pty Ltd (‘ARN’). Winners must respond within two days in order to have the prize redeemed.
12. Entrants agree that they are fully responsible for any materials they submit via the promotion including but not limited to comments, and images (“Content”). The Promoter shall not be liable in any way for such Content to the full extent permitted by law. The Promoter may remove or decline to publish any Content without notice for any reason whatsoever. Entrants warrant and agree that:
(a) they will not submit any Content that is unlawful or fraudulent, or that the Promoter may deem in breach of any intellectual property, privacy, publicity or other rights, defamatory, obscene, derogatory, pornographic, sexually inappropriate, violent, abusive, harassing, animal cruelty, threatening, objectionable with respect to race, religion, origin or gender, not suitable for children aged under 15, or otherwise unsuitable for publication;
(b) their Content shall not contain viruses or cause injury or harm to any person or entity;
(c) they will obtain prior consent from any person or from the owner(s) of any property that appears in their Content or permission from a guardian in the case of a minor featuring in the image;
(d) the Content is the original artistic work of the entrant that does not infringe the rights of any third party;
(e) they consent to any use of the Content which may otherwise infringe the Content creator’s moral rights pursuant to the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth) and warrant that they have the full authority to grant these rights; and
(f) they will comply with all applicable laws and regulations.
13. Any Content that the Promoter, in its sole discretion, considers to be offensive or inappropriate in anyway, or that the Promoter considers, in its sole discretion, to infringe any intellectual property rights or other rights of any person, corporation or entity, will be considered ineligible. The decision to accept or reject an entry is at the Promoter’s sole discretion and no correspondence will be entered into.
14. The Promoter’s decision in relation to any aspect of this Promotion is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
15. During the Promotion Period the two most original, entertaining and creative valid entries from entrants who meet the Eligibility Criteria and who have entered that week, as determined by the judges, will win a $250 Rebel Sports gift card.
16. By entering the Promotion, entrants (including final competition winners) consent to the Promoter using the entrant’s name, likeness, image and/or voice (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting the Promotion and for any other purpose at the Promoter’s discretion.
17. If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, including but not limited to technical difficulties, unauthorised intervention or fraud, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law (a) to disqualify any entrant; or (b) to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate.
18. Prizes are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash. The winners accept the prize ‘as is’ and acknowledge that the Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from the prize. The winner should seek advice from the Australian Tax Office or their own taxation adviser or independent financial adviser.
19. In the event that for any reason whatsoever a winner does not take an element of the prize at the time agreed by the Promoter then that element of the prize will be forfeited by that winner and cash will not be awarded in lieu of that element of the prize. Prizes, or any unused portion of a prize, are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash.
20. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for late, lost or misdirected entries. Incomplete, ineligible or incomprehensible entries will be deemed invalid. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and to disqualify any entry that is not in accordance with these Conditions of Entry. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant.
21. To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter and its related entities and its and their respective directors, officers, employees and agents, will not be liable for any personal injury, loss or damage, whatsoever which is suffered or sustained (including, but not limited to) indirect or consequential, financial or other loss) to or by a winner.
22. Nothing in these Conditions of Entry limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the States and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the Promotion.
23. Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of:
(a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control);
(b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference;
(c) any entry that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter;
(d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; and (e) participation in the prize.