These Terms and Conditions apply to Origin’s Power and nbn™ Move Promise (the “Move Promise”).
1. The Move Promise is available to residential nbn™ and electricity customers who sign up to these services at the same time, and for the same premises, directly with Origin (via the call centre or digitally).
2. The Move Promise is not available in all areas or for all premises.
3. Connection must be booked by 1pm Monday to Friday (excluding public holidays) for next business day connections and your nbn™ and electricity connection may occur anytime up to midnight on the connection day.
Move Promise – nbn™
4. Your premises must have an active connection (or an existing connection that was previously active) and be nbn™ ready to be eligible for the Move Promise.To be eligible for the Move Promise you must:
a. Have your own nbn™ compatible modem that can be used immediately;
b. Provide proof of occupancy as part of the Origin nbn™ sign-up process (if required) and successfully complete the sign-up process (including setting up to direct debit for payment of your bills);
c. Provide Origin with accurate information (e.g. personal and address details); and
d. Comply with our reasonable instructions regarding the set-up of your nbn™ service and be available on the day of connection to speak to Origin to troubleshoot (if required).
5. You will not be eligible if your nbn™ service cannot be connected due to any reason outside of our control (e.g. faulty sockets or equipment at the premises).
6. If you are eligible for the Move Promise and your property is not connected to the nbn™ by midnight on the business next day, we will cover expenses incurred by you that directly relate to the cost of an alternative internet service (e.g. dongle and data costs), up to a maximum $100 a day (GST incl.) until you’re connected.
7. If your claim is approved, the approved amount will be applied as a credit to your next Origin nbn™ bill.
Move Promise – electricity
8. Available to residential electricity customers in NSW, VIC, QLD, SA.
9. To be eligible for the Move Promise you must comply with your distributor’s reasonable instructions and your distributor will need clear, safe access to the electricity meter at the premises in order to switch on your power on the agreed day.
10. The Move Promise is not available in all areas or for new properties or for properties that have not been connected for over 12 months or require certificates of compliance.
11. If clear, safe access to the meter is provided, and your property is not connected on the agreed day, we will cover your related food and accommodation expenses up to $500 a day (GST incl.) until you’re connected. The credit amount will be applied to your Origin electricity bill.
12. All claims for expenses must be made within 10 days of you incurring the expenses and must be supported by a valid receipt if requested.
13. All claims for expenses under the Move Promise must be made within 6 weeks of the date of connection, and must be supported by valid receipts if requested.