Want to pay your bill now? Go to our Make a payment page.
These are our available payment methods:
- credit card (please note, a fee of up to 0.55% (incl GST) may be applied for Visa or MasterCard payments on some plans, in some states. See our Additional charges page for details)
- direct debit
- an EasiPay payment plan
- by mail - Private Bag 14825, Melbourne VIC 8001 (Please send us they payment slip at the bottom of your bill with a cheque out to Origin Energy Holdings Limited)
- in person at an Australia Post outlet (please note, a $2 (incl. GST) fee may apply to some plan payments. (This fee does not apply to NSW customers.)
Please note, some of our plans have specific payment requirements - eg, Origin Maximiser requires you to pay by direct debit. Just check your plan to see if this applies.
Need a bit more time to pay? No problem.
Simply log into My Account and go to Payment extensions. You can ask us to delay your payment date by up to five weeks.
- Up to two weeks - we just delay your due date, OR
- From three to five weeks - we set up a Promise to pay. You can pay in full on your new due date or set up instalments from that date.
As long as you meet the extension criteria, you should be good to go.
We know that sometimes, the bills are just too hard. We get it.
For eligible residential customers, our Power on program is designed to help. We also have information and guidance for state government assistance programs.
Just let us know.
Ways to track your usage:
- Log in to My Account to view and track your usage
- Refer to page 1 of your bill to view your usage summary. See how to read your bill.
- Get our iPhone app! The easiest way to track your usage is to carry it around in your pocket. Download it from the App Store and log in using your Origin My Account details.
Want to update your contact details, view your usage, renew your plan? Just log in to My Account.
If you're having trouble logging in to My Account, try one of these fixes:
Change your username and/or password
Your username is the email address registered to your account. It's possible to change this however.
If you're still having problems, My Account may be malfuntioning. Be assured our clever wizards will be spinning wheels very fast to get get us all back up and running.
Firstly, check your neighbours. Are there lights out elsewhere?
If your neightbours' lights and power are out it's likely there's a blackout. Your local distributor is who to contact - they'll be able to give you information about service resumption.
Your home only
There are a few possible causes for your home or business losing power.
Safety first! Always call 000 if you're concerned about a gas leak. Also:
- open all doors and windows
- don't smoke or light matches or candles
- avoid switching lights or appliances on or off
And for leaks or any situations with malfunctioning gas appliances, notify your gas distributor.
Something broken? In a life-threatening emergency, call 000.
For non-life threatening concerns, here's what to do:
Yay! We'd love one of those. Please post your comment below.
forumChat to us
Our energy experts are online Monday to Friday, 7 am to 7 pm.
Message us on Facebook
Our Social team is online 7 am to 9 pm weekdays and 9 am to 5 pm Saturdays (excluding public holidays).