This is what the information in each section of your broadband bill means:
1. Billing period
The period of time covered by this bill (e.g. 1 May — 31 May 20) and pro rata (if it applies). For broadband, billing periods are monthly.
2. Your account details
Your account number, the tax invoice number and the date this bill was issued.
3. Due date
Is the day by which you need to pay your bill.
4. Amount due
The amount due is how much you need to pay (incl GST).
5. Account summary
- Previous activity is the balance of the previous billing period and any payments you’ve made during that month.
- Your new charges shows a summary of the monthly charges for your services as well as ‘Other Charges & Credits’ and the Total Due. All costs incl GST.
- Total amount due is the total incl net GST. The amount may differ when:
- Your account is in credit
- Your account is overdue
- You have an outstanding amount due
6. How to pay
Shows the different ways you can pay your broadband bill including direct debit, credit card, BPAY and via mail.