When you book a gas safety and appliance service with an Origin gas fitter, we'll work around your schedule and book in a visit at a time that suits you.
You'll be provided with the rates and charges for our service work before we begin. If additional parts are needed, we'll give you an upfront quote for these too.
And when we're finished, we'll provide you with a written report detailing the work that was carried out.
What we'll be checking
Whether you have gas hot water or heaters, cooktops or ovens, or more specialised commercial equipment, we've got you covered. Our service includes:
- Safety devices in appliances – inspect pressure switches, flame failure, overheat and flow sensors
- Gas pressure – check and adjust in accordance with your manufacturers' recommendations
- Operation of thermostats – ensure that the operating temperatures of the appliance is accurate
- Burners and injectors – remove and clean to help ensure the appliance burns efficiently and safely
- Flues – inspect and clean to ensure it is operating effectively
- Gas and water leaks – check all gas and water carrying parts of the appliance for leaks
- Interior/exterior of appliances – clean appliance of dust, soot and other debris by using a vacuum or compressed air.
Emergency gas appliance repairs
If your gas appliance breaks down or you need immediate help with a gas leak, we offer a 24/7 call-out service for emergency repairs.
And, depending on your location, we'll aim to get to you within two hours.
Any parts required will be quoted before commencement of work – although different rates will apply for services provided after business hours.
This service is offered by the following Origin companies:
- In Queensland, by Origin Energy (TM) Pty Ltd, licensed under the Queensland Building and Construction Commission Act 1991 (QLD), licence number 1212318
- In New South Wales, by Origin Energy LPG Ltd, licensed under the Home Building Act 1995 (NSW), licence number A934
- In South Australia, by Origin Energy LPG Ltd licensed under the Plumbers, Gas Fitters and Electricians Act 1995, licence number PGE276980
- In Tasmania, by Origin Energy Tasmania Pty Ltd, licensed under the Occupational Licensing Act 2005 (TAS), licence number 1396282
- In Victoria and the Northern Territory, by Origin Energy Retail Ltd.