I nominate Origin as the energy retailer for electricity and/or natural gas or LPG at my property.
I understand that:
- Once my account’s been set up:
- For electricity or natural gas: Origin will supply energy on a standing agreement, or if my connection is for natural gas in New South Wales on the Australian Gas Networks or Central Ranges distribution networks, a regulated agreement, and send through all the details, including prices.
- For LPG: Origin will send me a welcome pack with details about my LPG account and how to manage my LPG supply.
- Clear and safe access must be available at the property for connection of natural gas and electricity or delivery of LPG cylinders. If work or delivery cannot be completed due to access restrictions or other issues, an additional fee could apply.
- Origin may communicate with my builder, and their associated contractors in relation to the progress of my account, until my connection is complete and if applicable, the meters installed.
- A connection fee may apply, as set out below. In all states except South Australia and the Australian Capital Territory, this fee will be included on my first bill from Origin.
For electricity connections:
The fee may be up to around $752 (excl. GST) depending on your distribution area. Please note these fees are charged by the distributor and passed on by us. These fees are current as at 1 January 2017 and do change from time to time. You can find more details on these fees at originenergy.com.au/meters
For natural gas connections:
If a fee applies, this will be quoted to us by your distributor and we’ll let you know before the work goes ahead. For LPG connections: No connection fees apply but an annual facility fee may be charged – see our LPG Price List for more information.
You can find our energy charges at originenergy.com.au/pricing. The charges that will apply to you will depend on your metering set up and distributor and won’t be confirmed until after your connection is complete. We will set you up on the most common rate type for your area and let you know if this is not the rate type that applies to you once your connection is complete. LPG prices can be found at originenergy.com.au/lpgconnections