Paying your bills shouldn't be hard. To make it easier to pay your ongoing usage costs and pay back any debt you owe, you can set up a payment plan with:
- Regular weekly, fortnightly or monthly payments of equal amounts, based on a forecast of your energy usage over the next 12 months.
- Any debt owing on your account rolled into the payments - so you can pay it off within two years of starting the payment plan.
- Payments that cover both usage and debt.
When you set up your plan, and each time you change it, we send you a payment schedule with:
- The number of payments you need to make to pay off any debt on your account.
- How long you will be making payments.
- The amount and due date of each payment.
If you miss a payment due date, we'll contact you to revise your payment plan and help you get back on track.
Need something more?
If none of these options will work for you, we can still help! If you can't pay the full cost of your ongoing energy usage, we can:
- Put your debt on hold - so you don't need to make any payments on it for six months.
- Let you pay less than the full cost of your ongoing usage - while you find ways to use less energy.
After six months, we'll check in to see how you're going and work with you to help you pay your ongoing bills and reduce your energy costs.