Origin and Coronavirus (COVID-19)
All the latest news and updates
We’ll be doing everything we can to keep you updated at this time.
Origin is focused on protecting the health and safety of our people and those in the communities in which we operate, and ensuring ongoing safe and reliable operations.
We’re continuing to monitor information from the relevant authorities. We’re carrying out the necessary planning and preparation to help keep customers supplied, as well as our broader responsibility to minimise the rate of infection in the community.
Please be assured that we’re working through the impacts of all issues related to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation, and we’ll continue to update you as quickly as possible on all new developments.
For general updates, the Australian Government Health Department’s Coronavirus (COVID-19) health alert is updated regularly. It has important information about how to protect yourself and others and what to do if you have symptoms.
Thank you for your patience.
Our residential customers
person_outline Our online services remain available
To manage your energy accounts, you can:
- Log in or register to My Account to make payments and check your usage
- Download the app to have your account at your fingertips
- Find answers in Help and Support
- Sign up to a plan, move house or renew your plan online.
credit_card Paying your bills
We understand that these are uncertain times financially. If your circumstances have changed or you need assistance paying your account, you can:
- Request a payment extension
- Set up or modify an existing payment plan
- You can pay your bill online
- Find out what energy rebates and concessions you may be eligible for
- Get information about our hardship and financial support programs
There are also Australian Government financial assistance options available for customers impacted by the Coronavirus.
lightbulb_outline Service supply
- If you have any issues with your electricity or gas supply, please contact your distributor. Your distributor can give you more information and an estimate of when the problem will be fixed.
- If you, or someone in your home uses a life support machine, register the details with us as soon as possible (if you haven’t already).
If you’re moving house, or need to renew your plan, you can do this easily online 24/7. You can:
- Get info and book your move on our on Moving page
- Book your move or renew your plan in My Account
- Head to our plans page to compare all our offers. You can book a move, renew your plan, or change plans there any time you need to.
For moves already booked
If you’ve already booked a move, don’t worry. We’re not anticipating any delays and you should be connected on your move-in date as planned.
mail_outline Australia Post delays and paper bills
You’re probably aware of reduced postal deliveries, due to the ongoing impacts of COVID-19 on Australia Post. If you haven’t already, you can make the switch to email billing. You’ll get your bills on time, with plenty of time to pay.
wb_sunny Solar services continue
We’ve put in place a number of processes and precautions to protect both our people and the community in our servicing and installation work. Everyone’s wellbeing is our most important consideration as we continue to operate our services. For information to help you go solar, take a look at our package offers.
LPG and bottled gas deliveries
We’re not anticipating any delay with LPG deliveries at this time. You can continue to order LPG, pay your bill and manage your account online.
However, as the safety of the communities we operate in is our highest priority, we respectfully ask that if you’re expecting a gas delivery or working with our service and installation team members you maintain a safe social distance of 1.5 metres at all times.
And whilst our LPG terminals remain fully operational, we’re temporarily closing them to visitors. If you need help with your LPG, you can chat to us online or call 13 35 74.
Our business customers
Small business customers
For advice on how to manage your business’ Origin accounts right now we’ve assembled a number of articles. We’re offering help and guidance across a range of topics.
Commercial and industrial customers
If your business has been significantly impacted by recent events, we can help. You may not be using the same amount of energy, or you may need to disconnect your services. If you need to temporarily change the way you manage your payments, we can help with that too.
- Email us at BusinessCustomers@originenergy.com.au so we can find the best solution for your business.