New Metering Coordinator (MC) Role:
- Obtain MC Compliance Certification from AEMO
- MC is responsible for metering (including installation, maintenance and data collection) and coordinating / appointing Meter Providers (MP) and Meter Data Providers (MDP)
New Embedded Network Manager Role:
- Will facilitate access to competitive retail offerings for embedded network customers
- Origin will no longer be responsible for the metering compliance of your site/s. This will be the responsibility of the Metering Coordinator.
- Origin must appoint a MC.
What happens next?
You don’t have to do anything.
Your current Metering Provider has advised us they are registering to become a Metering Coordinator. If they successfully register, then we will appoint your current Metering Provider as the Metering Coordinator.
To find your current metering provider, details are listed on your invoice/s in the Metering and Services Charges section.
If your current Metering Provider does not successfully register to become a Metering Coordinator, we will nominate an alternate Metering Coordinator, unless you elect to appoint your own Metering Coordinator directly.
Under Power of Choice, you may choose to appoint a Metering Coordinator directly. To do this:
- Contact us to let us know as the metering charges under your ESA may change and to discuss if we need to sign a variation agreement to amend you ESA.
- Provide us with a copy of the agreement you have with your chosen Metering Coordinator