As an Origin customer, you have the opportunity to access our renewable portfolio, firmed by our gas-fired generation power plants.
What is a Renewable PPA?
Power Purchase Agreements or PPAs are long-term arrangements to supply renewable electricity over an agreed period.
When you partner with Origin, we have a number of different options to give you good energy at the best price.
One of these options is a Renewable Power Purchase Agreement.
So, what is a renewable PPA?
Well under a normal electricity contract, you buy energy from a supplier without knowing who generated that energy or how it was generated.
Sometimes called a Corporate PPA, a Renewable PPA is a way for you to buy renewable energy directly from the generator. So, you can choose who generates your electricity and the renewable energy source that best suits your business.
The benefits for your business include:
- Lowering electricity costs – with a renewable PPA you’ll be able to take advantage of the falling price of renewables. And with a long-term contract, you can be protected against wholesale market fluctuations.
- Helping to achieve your own sustainability targets – by choosing renewable generation, you’ll have increased control over meeting any renewable obligations your company has and be able to increase your brand reputation.
Why partner with us?
With Origin, your business has a unique opportunity to take advantage of renewable energy with the added assurance that your business can keep running when the sun doesn’t shine, or the wind doesn’t blow.
We’ve invested heavily in low cost renewables, supporting the development of 5 solar farms and a wind farm with PPA since 2016.
We also have Australia’s largest fleet of gas-fired stations to support your business when renewable energy isn’t available.
So, if you want to support renewable generation, contact us to discuss your options.
If you have a large meter, you may be able to access Large-Scale Generation certificates (LGCs) if you install a system over 100 kW for your business. You may then be eligible to have the solar system installed under our PPA offer where you won’t have to pay for any installation costs or worry about any ongoing maintenance.
Why choose a PPA for your business?
With a Renewable PPA you can enter into an agreement from as short as 5 years up to 15 years; where you purchase the energy generated by the system with a solar energy rate over that period. This means, you’ll be able to purchase the electricity at the low solar energy rate for the full term of the agreement – with the option of CPI escalation. And at the end of the term, you can offer to buy the system outright or continue on with the agreement.
No initial capital investment for the solar system means savings from day one.
Save on electricity costs and lock in low solar energy rates.
The system will be maintained, managed and monitored.
Achieve your sustainability targets and commit to improving the environment.
What is the process to get started?
- We’ll have one of our Solar experts look at your situation to make sure it’s the right solution for your energy use and check that solar can be installed at your business.
- You can choose from a selection of contract periods to suit you – from as short as 5 years up to 15 years.
- If you decide to go ahead, you’ll enter into Renewable PPA agreement and we’ll lock in a low solar contract rate.
- We’ll have the solar system installed at a time that suits.
- From then on, you’ll start paying for the solar power you generate at the low energy rate.