A long-term partnership with Origin can unlock opportunities for renewable solutions
Renewable or Solar PPAs
Power purchase agreements or PPAs are long-term electricity supply agreements. A Solar PPA is an agreement that enables you to install and use the energy from a solar system on your premises – without the capital outlay.
The PPA provider owns, operates and maintains the system and sells you the electricity it generates at an agreed rate (c/kWh). This rate is often significantly lower than what you would pay for grid-sourced energy.
Why choose a PPA for your business?
Ideal for large businesses that operate during daylight hours, PPAs are a flexible way to power your business with renewables.
You can enter into an agreement from as short as 5 years up to 15 years; where you purchase the energy generated by the system with a solar energy rate over that period. This means, you’ll be able to purchase the electricity at the low solar energy rate for the full term of the agreement – with the option of CPI escalation. And at the end of the term, you can offer to buy the system outright or continue on with the agreement.
No capital outlay
Solar equipment is installed on your premises at no upfront cost to your business.
Big long-term savings
Your solar-generated electricity is locked in at a lower rate from day one, reducing your exposure to rising energy costs.
The system will be maintained, managed and monitored. As technology improves, your system can also be upgraded (at no cost).
Achieve your sustainability targets and commit to improving the environment. You will be able to track, measure and report accurately on your business’ energy performance.
What is the process to get started?
- We’ll have one of our Solar experts look at your situation to make sure it’s the right solution for your energy use and check that solar can be installed at your business.
- You can choose from a selection of contract periods to suit you – from as short as 5 years up to 15 years.
- If you decide to go ahead, you’ll enter into a PPA agreement and we’ll lock in a low solar contract rate.
- The solar system can be installed at a time that suits your business.
- From then on, you’ll start paying for the solar power you generate at the low energy rate.
Renewable Energy Supply Contracts
Under a normal electricity contract, you buy energy from a supplier without knowing who generated that energy or how it was generated.
Sometimes called a Corporate PPA, a Renewable Energy Supply Contract is a way for you to buy renewable energy directly from the generator. So, you can choose who generates your electricity and the renewable energy source that best suits your business.
The benefits for your business include:
- Lowering electricity costs – with a renewable PPA you’ll be able to take advantage of the falling price of renewables. And with a long-term contract, you can be protected against wholesale market fluctuations.
- Helping to achieve your own sustainability targets – by choosing renewable generation, you’ll have increased control over meeting any renewable obligations your company has and be able to increase your brand reputation.
Why partner with us?
With Origin, your business has a unique opportunity to take advantage of renewable energy with the added assurance that your business can keep running when the sun doesn’t shine, or the wind doesn’t blow.
So, if you want to support renewable generation, contact us to discuss your options.