Start the day with a stovetop sensation worthy of your local brunch hangout.
1 kg ripe tomatoes
2 tbs olive oil
1 brown onion, chopped
3 garlic cloves, chopped
2 red capsicum, chopped
1 tbs sweet paprika
2 tsp ground coriander
1 tbs ground cumin
2 tbs tomato paste
Salt and pepper
¼ cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- Score a shallow cross in the base of each tomato. Place in a heatproof bowl and cover with boiling water. Leave for 30 seconds and place in a bowl of cold water to cool. Drain and remove the skins. Chop and set aside.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add onion and cook for 5 minutes, stirring, or until softened. Add garlic and capsicum and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add paprika, coriander and cumin and cook for another minute. Add tomato paste and reserved tomatoes. Bring to the boil.
- Reduce heat to low and cook for 20 minutes or until the sauce is reduced and thick. Season with salt and pepper.
- Carefully crack the eggs one at a time into a teacup. Carefully place in the tomato sauce in the pan. Cover with a lid or a piece of foil.
- Reduce the heat to low and cook for 3-4 minutes or until the egg whites start to cook. Remove the lid and cook for another 3-4 minutes or until the whites are cooked and yolks runny.
- Sprinkle with parsley to serve.
Serving suggestionAdd crusty bread and dried red chilli flakes.
Find the right LPG plan for your home
We offer competitive prices and deliver straight to your door.