Looking for a light dessert for next time you entertain? Whip up this panna cotta ahead of time and refrigerate until required.
15 minutes, plus 4 hours refrigeration
2 tbs warm water
1 tbs rosewater
1 tbs powdered gelatine
300ml pouring cream
700ml full cream milk
1 cup caster sugar
2 tsp vanilla bean paste
3-4 mangoes, thickly sliced, skin cut off
2 tbs honey
- Place water and rosewater in a small bowl and sprinkle over gelatine. Set aside for 5 minutes or until the gelatine has been absorbed.
- Place cream, milk and sugar in a medium saucepan and bring to the boil while stirring or until sugar dissolves.
- Remove from heat and add vanilla and gelatine mixture. Gently whisk with a fork or hand-held whisk until gelatine mixture fully dissolves. Cool slightly and whisk again to evenly combine milk mixture and gelatine mixture.
- Pour through a sieve into 8 x 150ml capacity moulds or ramekins. Refrigerate for 3-4 hours or until set.
- When ready to serve, heat barbecue to medium. Lightly brush or spray mango slices with oil. Grill for 1 minute on each side or until the BBQ lines are golden. Place onto a serving plate and drizzle with honey.
- Turn out the panna cottas and serve with the mango.
You can grill peaches, pears, plums or figs instead of mangoes.