Don't break a sweat - 10 tips for staying cool
14 Jan 2019
The Aussie summer is heaps of fun but it's usually pretty hot too. Use these 10 tips for staying cool, without spending a fortune on your energy bill.
9 November 2018
If there’s one thing that everyone loves, it’s saving money on bills.
There are plenty of little things that we can all do to help save energy – they don’t take much time and can make a surprising amount of difference. We like to call them ‘Energy Hacks'.
Energy hacks for your home
1. Turn off appliances at the wall – don’t leave them on standby. Find out how standby power could be costing you up to $100 per year.
2. Beat the winter chill without breaking the bank. Keep your heater at 20 degrees to save energy.
3. Keeping air filters clean is good for both your dryer and your energy bill.
4. Let the sun dry your washing instead of a dryer, you can save around $130 per year off your energy bill.
5. Washing your clothes with cold water can result in some hot savings on your energy bill.
6. The more stars the better. Check the energy rating on your appliances to help you save on your energy bill. Appliances account for about 33% of all household energy consumption - take a look at which appliances consume the most amount of energy and what you can do about it.
7. Short showers do more than just save water – they save energy too.
8. Seasons are ever-changing, and so is your energy usage. Keep an eye on spikes with our tracking tool via My account.
9. Switch lights off when you’re not in the room to save on your energy bill.
10. Closing curtains on hot days is a great way to save energy – next time you think about switching on the air con, try giving this a go first!
11. Chilled beer is one thing, but guzzling appliances are another. Did you know an extra 400L fridge can cost you $220 a year - turn off appliances to save.
12. Switch to LED lights and you could save up to 80% of energy per bulb.