1. Turn off appliances at the wall – don’t leave them on standby.
2. Beat the winter chill without breaking the bank. Keep your heater at 20 degrees to save energy.
3. Keeping the air filters clean is good for both your dryer and your energy bill.
4. Let the sun dry your washing instead of a dryer, you can save around $130 per year off your energy bill.
5. Washing your clothes with cold water can result in some hot savings on your energy bill.
6. Short showers do more than just save water – they save energy, too.
7. Seasons are ever-changing, and so too is your energy usage. Keep an eye on spikes with our tracking tool via My account.
8. Switch lights off when you’re not in the room to save on your energy bill.
9. Closing the curtains on hot days is a great way to save energy – next time you think about switching on the air con, try giving this a go first!
10. Chilled beer is one thing, but guzzling appliances are another. Did you know an extra 400L fridge can cost you $220 a year…turn off appliances to save.
11. Switch to LED lights and you could save up to 80% of energy per bulb.
12. Everyone loves a star! The more stars the better. Check the energy rating on your appliances to help you save on your energy bill.