Bring some Spanish flair into your home and whip up a paella sure to satisfy the whole family.
Serves: 4 people
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 50 minutes
1 tbs olive oil
2 chorizo sausages, sliced
4 chicken thigh fillets, chopped
1 red onion, chopped
1 red capsicum, chopped
2 garlic cloves, crushed
2 tomatoes, chopped
2 tsp smoked paprika
2 tsp turmeric
2 cups Arborio risotto rice
3½ cups chicken stock
1 cup frozen broad beans, thawed and peeled
½ cup frozen peas
¼ cup fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- Heat oil in a large paella or non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Cook chorizo for 5 minutes, turning, or until golden. Remove from pan.
- Add chicken and cook for 5 minutes or until golden. Remove from pan.
- Add onion, capsicum and garlic and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until the onion has softened.
- Add tomatoes, paprika and turmeric and cook, stirring for 2 minutes.
- Add chorizo, chicken, rice and stock and bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 25-30 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid absorbed. Add more stock or water if necessary.
- Scatter broad beans and peas over paella and cook, covered for 2 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with parsley and serve.