Pick your pillars.
Every positive change stems from a foundation of core beliefs, or pillars. Whether it’s something as big as installing solar panels, because of a belief in sustainable energy. Or something as small as buying a pie from the bakery down the road instead of the servo, because you believe it’s a sin to charge an extra 50c for tomato sauce.
No matter the change, it comes from a belief. At Origin, we’re built on 5 core beliefs:
- Work as one team, one Origin – We work within and across teams to achieve our purpose. We invite input from others even when their views are different from our own.
- Be the customer champion – It’s important we are always learning about Origin’s products and services. We align our decisions and work activities with our customers needs and interests.
- Care about our impact – We assess the impact of actions and decisions on customers, the community and planet. We ensure we speak up to make sure any issues we’re concerned about are clear.
- Being accountable – We agree on our deliverables and take ownership of achieving them. We acknowledge when things don’t go to plan and use it as an opportunity to learn.
- Finding a better way – We share ways in which we can improve our day to day work and always look for new ideas to innovate for the future.
If you want to create positive change, first try deciding your core beliefs. Think to yourself, what do you care about? What do you want to see change? Because as soon as you start thinking, you can start changing.
Want to join a workplace that’s changing for good?