Satisfy your seafood craving and pair black mussels with blue cheese for an indulgent feast.
1 leek, chopped
3 garlic cloves, crushed
2 x 1kg packets cleaned, live black mussels
375g bottle dry apple cider
⅓ cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
4 slices sourdough bread
120g soft blue cheese e.g. Blue Castello
- Heat a large saucepan over medium heat. Add butter and leek and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until softened. Add garlic and cook for another minute or until fragrant.
- Meanwhile, place mussels in a colander and drain. Rinse with cold water and drain again. Place in saucepan with cider.
- Cover and cook over high heat, shaking occasionally, for 3-5 minutes or until mussels open.
- Spoon mussels and broth into big bowls to serve and sprinkle with parsley.
- Meanwhile, heat a char-grill on high. Toast the bread on both sides. Spread with cheese and serve with the mussels.