Take this clever cauliflower idea and use it to create a meal with style.
½ cauliflower, stalk trimmed and florets chopped
2 tbs olive oil
⅓ cup lemon juice
2 tsp grated lemon zest
2 garlic cloves, crushed
2 tbs currants
80g baby rocket
½ cup shelled pistachios, chopped
1 tsp fresh thyme leaves
4 x 125g beef fillets steaks
Salt and pepper
Pan-fried cherry tomatoes, to serve
- Place cauliflower florets in a food processor and pulse until ‘crumbs’ form.
- Heat half the olive oil in a large frying-pan over medium heat. Cook cauliflower for 5 minutes or until tender.
- Add lemon juice, zest and garlic. Cook for another 30 seconds or until fragrant. Spoon into a serving dish. Stir through currants, rocket and chopped pistachios.
- Combine remaining oil with thyme and set aside.
- Meanwhile, lightly spray steaks with oil and season with salt and pepper. Heat a char-grill to high.
- Cook the steaks for 3-4 minutes each side or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate. Cover loosely with foil and set aside to rest for 10 minutes.
- Halve steaks and drizzle with thyme oil. Serve with cauliflower ‘couscous’ and pan-fried truss cherry tomatoes.