Put your BBQ to good use this Christmas and whip up a baked salmon dish that’ll melt in your mouth.
Serves 8-10 people
Preparation 20 minutes
Cooking time 30-40 minutes
½ bunch fresh dill, chopped
½ cup fresh mint leaves, chopped
½ cup fresh parsley leaves, chopped
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 large red chilli, seeded, chopped
1.2 kg fresh salmon side, skin on, pin-boned
¼ cup olive oil
½ cup fresh pomegranate seeds
3 tsp finely grated lemon rind
- Combine the dill, mint, parsley, garlic and chilli in a bowl.
- Place two large pieces of baking paper, wide enough to completely wrap the salmon onto the work bench. Place salmon skin-side down onto the baking paper.
- Rub herb mixture into flesh side of salmon. Drizzle with oil and season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. Wrap salmon to form a parcel and fold up edges to seal. Wrap in 2 large sheets of foil.
- Preheat barbecue to medium. Place salmon on barbecue and close lid. Cook for 30-40 minutes or until just cooked. Check by inserting a sharp knife into the thickest part of the fish and seeing if it is cooked to your liking.
- Carefully lift salmon into a serving platter. Sprinkle with pomegranate seeds and grated lemon rind.
Serving suggestion-Couscous and green salad.