Power On program
Origin’s customer hardship program.
We understand that for a range of reasons, our customers may experience difficulty in paying their energy bills from time to time. Our Power On program is designed to help those experiencing financial hardship by:
- creating affordable payment plans to help you get back on track
- making sure customers have access to entitlements they may be eligible for, including government concessions and rebates
- helping make our customers’ homes more energy efficient, leading to lower bills while maintaining the same comfort levels.
Who is eligible?
We assess eligibility on a case-by-case basis, so it’s important that customers call us as soon as possible if they believe they may have difficulty in paying their bills so we can discuss the options available to them. We understand that there are a range of reasons why customers may face financial hardship, including:
- recent significant reduction in income
- accident, illness or death of a family member or partner
- separation or other family crisis
- unexpectedly high bill(s).
How do I get started?
If you believe you may have difficulty in paying your energy bills, call us on one of the below numbers to discuss the options available to you. The earlier you call us, the earlier we can help.
- Natural gas and electricity 13 24 61
- LPG 13 35 74
- Interpreter service 13 14 50
Is the service confidential?
Yes. Information provided to us is confidential and we will not use it for any reason except to assess the customers’ circumstances.
Please note: If you obtain a payment extension, or you have a Power On payment plan and pay your instalments without Direct Debit, you will not be eligible for any pay on time usage discounts applicable under your energy plan. If you are experiencing hardship our Community Liaison Team will be able to advise which product and payment plan will best suit your needs.