Power On program
What is Power On?
Origin's Power On program is our way of helping residential customers who are experiencing hardship manage their energy usage and bills.
What does hardship mean?
Hardship is when somebody would like to pay their energy bills, but can’t manage to do so. This might only be for a short time (possibly due to a temporary change in employment), or it might be ongoing, where a customer has a low fixed income or prolonged illness.
How Power On works
Power On gives our residential customers who are experiencing hardship access to information and bill payment assistance options to help them get on top of their energy bills, and stay on top.
Our Power On commitments
- To have respect, empathy and sensitivity for a Power On customer’s circumstances.
- To apply our Power On policy consistently, fairly and transparently.
- To work with a Power On customer towards sustainable energy use and bill payments.
- To make sure the Power On customer commitments are understood and agreed to.
- To make sure that a Power On customer knows everything they need to do.
- While a customer remains in Power On we won’t disconnect their energy supply or follow our normal debt collection process.
Power On customer commitments
- To work with us towards sustainable energy use and repaying their energy account debt.
- To stay in touch and let us know about any change in their circumstances.
- To make all scheduled Power On plan repayments, in full and on time.
We're doing what we can to help our customers on the Power On program to get back in control of their energy usage and bills - so we do expect customers on the program to work with us by living up to these commitments.
Getting back on track with Power On
Our Power On team helps customers regain control by providing:
- flexible payment plan options
- Centrepay and direct debit information
- energy efficiency advice
- concession and rebate assistance
- financial counselling service referral
- considering which of our energy offers may help them.
Our privacy promise
We take our customers’ privacy seriously, and manage their personal and credit information under the requirements laid out in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth). We’ll only use their financial information to assess their application for assistance.
Get in touch
We encourage customers who are having trouble paying their Origin bills to call us as soon as possible on 13 24 61. Language assistance is available by calling 1300 137 427. Generally, the earlier customers call us for assistance, the better the outcome for the customer.
Please note: If you obtain a payment extension, or you have a Power On payment plan and pay your installments without direct debit, you will not be eligible for any pay on time usage discounts applicable under your energy plan. If you are experiencing hardship, our Hardship Team will be able to advise which product and payment plan will best suit your needs.